Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Cold Weather Hair Precautions



I just recently decided to start making a significant effort to repair my strands before winter's harsh winds. Winter can be very hard on your hair and there are a few precautions you can take in order to keep your hair looking luscious, before and during winter. 

- Wear a scarf or hat to protect it from the wind. 
- Do NOT wash it every day. I know, it's hard. But it's not so bad if you have an alternating cycle. For example, I wash my hair every other day. The day I do wash it, I wear it down. The next day, I wear it up, and so on. This way no one will even know the difference! And it allows you to experiment with your updos. {On the days you don't wash you hair, you can still shower, just put your hair in a bun on top of your head} Also, you can always use dry shampoo if your strands get too greasy like mine do.
- Apply heat protectant
-When conditioning hair, apply the most at the ends
- Limit your use of flat irons, curling irons, etc.
-Get a good leave in conditioner 
- Wear your hair up as much as possible. This locks in moisture and your hair is less likely to break if it is in a tightly wrapped bun. {Or even a messy one}


- Stephanie

2 comments:

Hilary Nussbaum said...

exactly what i do!! i not only do not wash my hair because it is good for me, but because i can be downright lazy too! love the denim jacket, scarf and glasses as well :))

nussbaumfashion.blogspot.com

Olivia Elisa said...

I wash my hair about every 3 days, I wear a shower cap sometimes and when it gets oily I put baby powder in my hair the night before (it soaks up most of my oil and then I get great volume in the morning!)

p.s I absolutely love your style and blog,

please check out mine :)

RawCharm

http://rawcharm.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...