Friday, January 20, 2012

DIY: Lace Earrings


I just recently got a strong urge to pick up a new hobby. I've always been interested in making jewelry, but never really knew how to get started until I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday with my boyfriend. I stumbled upon the jewelry isle and inspiration sparked. But instead of just using pre-made pendants and such, I wanted to make actually create something myself. 

So I bought some lace, along with earring hooks, eye pins, etc. Then I simply cut out the design I wanted to use in the lace and used pliers to attach the earring hooks. It's really as simple as that. I wore these earrings today and they're so lightweight I almost forgot I was wearing them! I have a strong appreciation for earrings that don't weigh down my ears, so these were perfect. 
Enjoy!







xx
S

15 comments:

Kate S said...

Those are precious. I'll have to make them!

-Kate

liveonbeauty said...

cool!!! thanx for sharing, the best thing is that we can choose a shape and a color for the lace... and it can be done with other fabrics as well! love it!
xx
anna

liveonbeauty.org

InĂªs de Castro said...

omg, so cute! Love your tights, btw

http://petitlivrenoir.blogspot.com/

Scorttarius.style said...

WOW.. beautiful :)

M.E said...

you are very creative :)

http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

April Cheung said...

awesome DIY! love your tights btw!

delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

Svenja said...

hello :)
thanks for your comment, do you want to follow each other?
i also like your blog, you have a great style & i like those earrings :)
have a nice week, svenja

Bridg said...

ooh nice - what a great idea! :)

www.phoandchips.com

Collections said...

What a wonderful DIY the earrings look gorgeous.

Collections

Giacomo Amidei said...

An hug from Milan,we love your blog <3

http://blogfashioncookies.blogspot.com/

alisia E. said...

Hello and thank you for your sweet words! This is such a great idea and they turned out super cute!
I will be stopping by often for inspiration :)

xx, alisia e
www.alisialynn.blogspot.com

Jessica L. said...

VERY creative! I've always wanted to make jewelry, but never got around to it....-Jessica

Jessie said...

cute and crafty!!

http://diaryofambitions.blogspot.com/

Tori said...

The earrings are beautiful and your tights are soooo freaking cute!!!

xoxo,
Tori

http://whatsthestorytori.blogspot.com/

buy body jewellery said...

Oh ! I just love this pretty earring design created by lace. I would love to try this in my free time as I am big fan of hand made jewellery and this is something unique.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...