Sunday, April 22, 2012

Summer Makeup Essentials

               I've been trying out a variety of different makeup routines/products recently and I think i've finally narrowed it down to a few key items. With the summer months approaching, I really wanted to focus on products that are lightweight (or that can potentially be sheered out). So, instead of wearing a full coverage foundation, concealer, powder, etc., i've began wearing a light coverage concealer with a thin layer of mineral powder to set it. 

                I have been pleasantly surprised by the results. My skin has a fresh, makeup-less looking finish (which I am not used to) and never looks cakey. In addition, most all of my blemishes have diminished. I do believe this is due to the lighter layer of makeup I have been applying lately. So here are my current favorite products I use to achieve these results, and I also threw in a few extra lip products I'm loving right now. I hope you enjoy. 



{Wet & Wild's New Eyeshadow Singles Shades in "Panter" and  "Crem Brulee"}




{Clinique Chubby Stick in "Mega Melon", Wet & Wild in "Purty Permission", and Babylips "Peach Kiss" (that I'm obsessed with)}


9 comments:

Danielle said...

I've been wanting to try baby lips for so long!! Do you recommend it?!

The Wearwithal said...

Absolutely. I have two shades of them and I am obsessed. They make my lips feel soooo soft and provide a nice sheer color.

BTL said...

lovely

wanna follow each other?
http://weezngmonkeys.blogspot.com

Terri said...

Came across your blog through IFB... love it! Am now a follower :)

Love your photography :) Am going to look into babylips too now.

Tx


A Whimsy Heart

M said...

amazing post! I especially LOVED the hand picture with the different colours!
http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

His Little Lady said...

ohh, i've never heard of babylips before. might just have to give it a shot :)
xo TJ

Mia i Edina said...

I love your blog, so glad I found you :)

Mia :*

Shannon Olson said...

I love the red lipstick, it reminds me that I need to get a good color for myself.

Kate said...

Lovely photos, love that clinique one!
www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...