I don't know about you, but I'm obsessed with those bagel bites that you can find in the frozen section of nearly any grocery store. But lately I've been loving substituting zucchini for certain ingredients (like here). What I love about zucchini, is it has such a nice texture and can be combined with many flavors. These are a fun (not to mention healthy) twist on pizza bites and are so simple to make.
1. Chop large zucchini into quarter inch rounds
2. Coat the bottom of a skillet with olive oil and sauté the rounds
3. Add salt & pepper
4. Add a spoonful of marina or pizza sauce to each round
5. Finish with a generous amount of mozzarella cheese and a drizzle of olive oil
6. Place in the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted (350 degrees)
7. Sprinkle some italian herbs & garnish with basil (optional)