Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Importance of Independence



Life has thrown me a couple curveballs these past couple of weeks. Change sure is hard to embrace, but sometimes it's what you need most. I've taken an unfortunate situation and turned it into an opportunity to progress. I'm not usually one to offer advice, but this is something I am hoping could help at least one person, or maybe I'm just talking to myself. Embrace your independence. Do not allow anyone to make you feel like you don't deserve something. You are in charge of you- no one else is. And although great life experiences may seem better when shared with someone else, try living them for yourself. Selfishness, confidence, and assertiveness can all be positive when used correctly. Don't let anyone blame you for being passionate or driven. For knowing what you want and not settling for anything else.  If you've ever been stretched, bent, burned, or coiled... spring right back up. Be resilient. 


4 comments:

bulldawg said...

this has helped me.

The Wearwithal said...

I am so glad to hear that.

three feathers said...

Thank you for putting this in words. This is also something that's been on my mind and it's nice to have someone else articulate it in another way.

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate what you post. You have a new subscriber now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...