Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY Cropped Sweater / Sweater Scrap Headband

 
There are multiple ways to re-vamp an old sweater. (Here is one way I refashioned a sweater over the summer). One of my favorite ways to change a sweater's appearance is to crop it. Sometimes cropping tops can be a hassle because you can end up doing a lot of sewing. However, there is a way to avoid sewing.
To avoid sewing, try finding a sweater with texture. This sweater was perfect for this project because it had various hems I was able to cut at.
I also cut around a hem at the collar to open the neck up a bit. 
Note: If you cut too high or too low, there will be fraying. Try to make your cut right below the base of the hem.
The scrap strip of fabric I was left with was the perfect size for a headband, so the process was really simple. I simply sized it to my head, cut it at the hem, and sewed it together with white thread. 


7 comments:

Hena Tayeb said...

very cute

Sylvia Salas - Dare to DIY said...

Nice! :)

www.daretodiy.com

Natalia said...

Wow! Awesome idea! x

Cassidy Lee said...

So cute! That's such a great idea, and the headband looks so pretty!

Emma said...

cute :D i really like it

Mein Blog

Miss Maurice said...

I saw a comment of yours on cupcakes and cashmere and hit it because of the name. Love it. Was so surprised after the jump, your blog is really great. Fantastic style and wicked pictures. The cropped jumper DIY is a great tip and looks amazing on you. Keep up the good work.

Laura x

www.coffeetoastandlondon.com

Jessica said...

Such a good idea! I don't know how to knit or crochet! -Jessica L

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...