Sunday, May 12, 2013

Candelabra Bud Vase


Applying a coat or two of white spray paint is such an easy way to transform something from antiquated to fresh and modern. I bought these old candelabras a few months ago knowing I'd find some use for them down the road. I then put buds in each of the candelabras, keeping them functional and decorative. 

Tips for spray painting:
Be sure the weather is working in your favor (between 60-70 degrees is best)
Apply thin coats and be sure to allow each coat to completely dry before an additional application
Finish with a clear sealant (gloss or matte, whichever is preferred)

I got a little carried away with the spray paint and decided to spray paint a silver bowl I had previously been using for jewelry. It's amazing how something as simple as spray paint can give so much modernity. 

4 comments:

Shruti Bapat said...

This is such a great idea! I loved it. Will have to try this out when the weather gets warmer.

missyinthemirror101@blogspot.com

aka Bailey said...

I love this idea! You're right that a paint of coat can change everything - and candle holders is something I hadn't thought to paint! Great idea :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

xox
Bailey
http://akabailye.blogspot.com

Winniee :) said...

Love your blog! you're really interesting! can you please check out my blog? xx

justdiscoveringme.blogspot.co.uk

taah xx

bubblegum casting said...

Nice blog girl do your thing

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...